Christopher & Julie
England, November 2018
What did you like most about Sri Lanka?
Variety of things to do (cultural, historical, natural and relaxing).
Friendliness of people and quality of service.
Quality of food (including [cookery] lesson at Hanthana House [Kandy]).
Value for money of transport, food and accommodation.
What did you like least about Sri Lanka?
Humidity and torrential (biblical), almost daily, showers.
Chaotic driving conditions.
What is your opinion of your accommodation in Sri Lanka?
Out of 10:
- Paradise Road The Villa [Bentota] – 9.5 (fantastic)
- [The] Fort Printers [Galle] – 9.0 (also very good)
- [The] Grand [Hotel] Nuwara Eliya – 8.5 (v. good but no walk-in showers)
- Kalu’s Hideaway [Uda Walawe] – 7.5 (buffet only meals, power breaks)
- [The] Secret Kandy – 7.0 (would have been less but for Ishan’s (assistant senior butler?) best efforts to respond effectively to our concerns)
What is your opinion of your chauffeur guide in Sri Lanka?
- Polite, punctual, knowledgeable (nature in particular), informative, helpful, friendly (constant smile and a good sense of humour), fluent at English, an excellent driver.
- Only real suggestion apart from car (see below) was maybe he could brush up on local restaurant recommendations.
What is your opinion of your flights to and from Sri Lanka?
Would strongly consider not transiting via India – even if this means not using BA…[arranged own flights]
Any other comments?
Overall, we feel our schedule with your advice gave us an excellent overview of the South West, as an introduction to Sri Lanka.
If and when we were to re-visit we would consider:
- a visit to Colombo
- taking greater advantage of Ayurvedic treatments etc.
and, possibly, additional historical sights.« All feedback