TikaWeeks #15-1/2021: Sri Lanka & Maldives update
Posted by John on 14th April 2021
As a consequence of the updated health protocol for arrivals to Sri Lanka, we have made a company policy decision of only accepting bookings from customers who are fully COVID-19 vaccinated and this is now a necessary prerequisite of booking with Tikalanka. We will require proof of vaccination at some stage before you fly to continue with a booking. I hope that you appreciate our commitment to ensuring the health and safety of our customers as well as the people of Sri Lanka and Maldives.
Health Protocol for Arrivals to Sri Lanka – COVID-19 Vaccinated Travellers only
Travellers who have completed the recommended doses of COVID-19 vaccinations and arrive two weeks after the completion of vaccination will be considered vaccinated. Any COVID-19 vaccination accepted by the traveller’s country of origin is acceptable.
Prior to boarding, COVID-19 vaccinated travellers are required to:
- Receive a negative PCR test up to 96 hours prior to boarding the departure flight from home.
- Confirm a hotel booking at a ‘Safe & Secure’ Certified Level 1 hotel for up to 48 hours to allow for the on-arrival PCR test to be processed (see below).
- Pre-pay for the compulsory COVID-19 Insurance (US$12) when making the hotel booking.
- Pre-pay for the compulsory on-arrival PCR test when making the hotel booking (US$40 per test).
- Children between 2-12 years undergo only an on-arrival PCR test.
- Infants below 2 years are exempted from PCR testing.
- Airport transfers to be arranged by either the respective ‘Safe & Secure’ Certified Level 1 hotel or ‘Safe & Secure’ Certified travel company.
On arrival in Sri Lanka, COVID-19 vaccinated travellers are required to:
- Produce a negative COVID-19 PCR report (in English), which must be taken up to 96 hours prior to boarding the departure flight from home.
- Produce the original copy of the vaccination certificate (in English).
- Complete a Health Declaration Form.
- Stay at a ‘Safe & Secure’ Certified Level 1 hotel until the on-arrival PCR test is processed (up to 48 hours). Travellers are permitted to use all of the facilities at the hotel.
- On receipt of a negative PCR test report, vaccinated travellers are permitted to leave the hotel. The respective ‘Safe & Secure’ Certified Level 1 hotel doctor will issue a discharge document upon verifying the status of vaccination and PCR test results.
Please visit Sri Lanka Tourism for up to date information on the things you need to know for safely travelling to Sri Lanka.« All articles